Last updated: 4-22-2021
- The personally identifiable information (“PII”) collected by Olive Hill or by any third party through our Site;
- Use of this information;
- Sharing of this information;
- Choices that are available to you with respect to collection, use, and distribution of this information;
- Security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of this information; and
- Correcting any inaccuracies in the information.
1. Information Collection and Use
Olive Hill may collect information from you on the Site in two different ways. First, we may collect anonymous, aggregate information (such as a domain name or IP address). This type of information is never linked to any PII and is only used to generate statistical reports about the use of our Site.
Second, we may request the submission of certain PII when you use request information, access services, or register with us for various updates or services. You are not required to submit PII, but you may not be able to access all services if you do not submit some information. For example, when you contact us by e-mail, we may collect your e-mail address and any other PII you provide in that e-mail. Likewise, when you sign up for any subscription services, emails, or updates that are offered through our Site, we may collect and retain your name, address, telephone number, and/or e-mail address. We do not collect credit card or other financial information, and you should not send us credit card or financial information. We may also collect and retain other PII that you voluntarily submit through our Site.
A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies store information about your use of a particular web site or service and are typically used to make services more convenient and personalized. We may use anonymous cookies called “session cookies” to measure traffic patterns to areas of our Site. Session cookies are created each time you visit one of our Sites, and do not remain on your computer after you leave the Site. We may also use personalized cookies when you have registered with the Site to customize your user experience. Personalized cookies are linked to your PII and remain on your computer after you leave our Site.
3. Personal Information of Children Under 18
Olive Hill complies with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the FTC’s Rule interpreting COPPA (16 CFR § 512). This Site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any PII from children under 18 years of age through this Site. Should a child whom we know to be under 18 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond to that child to inform them that they cannot use this Site.
4. Use of Your Personal Information
We use your PII to:
- Reply to your request for information, including newsletters;
- Evaluate your credentials for available executive and board level positions now and in the future;
- Communicate with you about the status of applications;
- Create your candidate profile and maintain it in our candidate database;
- Market to current and potential clients;
- Create de-identified aggregated information for statistical purposes, to improve our Site and services, and to improve user experience.
Olive Hill does not sell, rent, or share customer information to or with any third party not affiliated with or owned by Olive Hill, except trusted third parties who provide services to us. Olive Hill will never give or sell your PII to be used for the purposes of sending you unsolicited commercial offers (such as spam) from any third party.
We use the information that you provide to us for direct marketing purposes. Direct marketing is the act of selling products or services directly to consumers rather than through retailers. Residents of the European Union and the United Kingdom may, at any time, request that we cease to use your information for direct marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com.
5. Use of Aggregate Information
We may store information that we collect through log files to create a profile of our users. Log files record internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Site, track your movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Log file data is not linked to PII. A profile may be stored detailing how individual customers use the Site. It is used solely for internal purposes, to help us improve the experience of users of the Site. We may share your profile with third parties who assist us in processing the information, analyzing aggregated information, and optimizing our Site.
This Site uses Google Analytics and Squarespace Analytics to collect information about you and your behaviors. To learn how to opt out, please visit the websites of the analytics programs used.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information As Required By Law
We will disclose PII when required by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us, (b) protect and defend our rights, or (c) protect the rights, property, and other interests of our users or others.
8. Business Transitions
Olive Hill takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect any personally identifiable information collected through this Site. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We have implemented the following measures to protect and safeguard your personal information:
- limiting the amount of personal information that we collect to strictly necessary information only;
- using ssl or other secure connection technologies when receiving or sending personal information beyond internal networks;
- destroying the personal information that we no longer need; and
- maintaining up-to-date software and safeguards.
If your PII changes, you may contact us at the address below to correct, update, or delete and deactivate our record of your PII.
12. Notification of Changes
13. Do Not Track.
Do Not Track is a preference you can set on your browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. Most websites and web services, including Olive Hill’s, don't change their behavior when they receive a Do Not Track request. Nevertheless, you can either enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your browser.
14. Contact Information and Accountability
The following person is accountable and responsible for our privacy practices and procedures:
Olive Hill, LLC
501 4th Street, #546
Lake Oswego, OR 97034